Proud Aussies

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

The barbecues steaming, the kids are screaming and the adults put their feet up.
Dad’s buzzing, Mum’s looking stunning and the kids are laughing and running.
Drinks are fizzing and the sausages sizzling then everyone says a big ‘Cheers!’
The dog comes in, tail spinning as it races to the kids who are grinning.
The bat comes out and so does the ball and it looks like the dads are winning.
In playing cricket they took the wicket and dreamed of winning the lottery ticket.
Dad took out a beer which was mum’s worst fear and the kids had creaming soda.
The kids were puffed, the dads were chuffed and the women were glad the game was over.
The flies were flying, the mozzies were spying, and thank god the repellent was sprayed.
It was time to go home and goodbye it was but next time we should all stay in the shade!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!