Love Me Bitter, Love Me Sweet

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Carly Carol’s life was categorically ruined, crumbled; for lack of a better word had completely imploded. Her social importance fractured beyond repair. There was no chasm deeper than one forged from the shape of a heart.
So she sat by her window, two perpendicular pains exhibiting a dingy urban lane way rather synonymous of her own self esteem. Frosted rain raced in frantic mobs down the glass, as they did her cheeks
It hurt where her heart was, she felt cold at the places his arms no longer touched, and she would never feel the warmth and glow of happiness again.
Unless.
There was another, another she felt would fill the space.
Yes.
That other is here with her, a figure of comfort within her grasp, waiting to be engaged, a figure of pure enjoyment.
Another who cares more than he ever did, listens to her complaints, agrees to anything, even upon the shortest of notices.
And the best part, they are completely disposable, devoid of emotion yet so delectably present.
And so, the tears dry each time she brings her lips to them, and the chasm is as hastily filled as it was carved.
The window no longer streaks with rain as she stares at her last piece, placing a symmetric cube on the tip of her tongue, with it melts her despair.
And with the wrapper flies her past lover into the trash, as she strides in search of another.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!