Town Of Heroes

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

On a bright and sunny morning Nigel Ninja left his home in the Town of Heroes and set out to patrol the sea. He hadn't gone far when his ninja belt buzzed - someone was calling him. The GPS on his belt told him the call was from someone under the sea, so he put on his deep sea ninja suit, slipped into his scuba gear, squeezed on his ninja mask and dived in.
Nigel Ninja swam deeper and deeper down, until he found who was responsible for calling him, it was Matilda Mermaid. Matilda Mermaid was afraid of sharks and wanted to leave the sea so she asked if Nigel Ninja could take her back to the Town of Heroes so he did.
There had been a flood in the Town of Heroes while Nigel Ninja had been gone. Walter Washup had left the bath running all day and flooded the whole town. Matilda Mermaid was the only one who could breathe under water so she was the one who swam through the flood and pulled the plug in the bath. She was a hero. She got her own palace with an electric super scooter to get around with and a huge private pool.
But there was a problem. The rules of the Town of Heroes said that only 16 heroes could live there. With Sonic Sam, Walter Washup, Fast Fletcher and the others the town was already full. Now that Matilda Mermaid had moved in, somebody had to leave.
A meeting was held and it was decided that Nigel Ninja had to leave town. He was very sad but he packed his things and started to make his way to the next town, Sweetville.
Suddenly, Nigel Ninja smelt smoke and heard voices shouting. There was a fire! The town heroes were begging Matilda Mermaid to splash her mermaid tail and empty her pool to extinguish the blaze. But she couldn’t be bothered.
Nigel Ninja had to act quickly. He said, “Sorry Matilda but I have to do this.” He performed a ninja triple somersault and bombed as hard as he could into Matilda Mermaid’s swimming pool. The water splashed out and put out the fire. Nigel Ninja had saved the town from disaster.
Another meeting was held. Everyone agreed that Matilda Mermaid should go back to the sea and Nigel Ninja should come back home. He had proved that he was a real hero.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!