Nature Is Falling

‘Willow’ was all I heard before my mother screamed, I run downstairs as faster as I could without falling, and my father was beside my mother who was lying on the titled floor. Soon people came and pushed me out of the way, my father walked me to my mother’s garden. My mother’s garden was grey and dying, all but the rose me and my mother planted together. My father told me was up to me, as Mother Nature’s only child, to save the world. Later that day I found a letter from my mother saying that the cause of this is brother, who hated nature and he learnt dark magic to kill it, so my job was to learn good magic stand battle her brother, if I win ever thing will go back to normal and if I don’t the world will live without colour forever! The letter told me where to go to learn magic, after a long journey, I came to a small cottage I knocked on the door, a small fairy came out, I gave her the letter my mum gave me, the fairy pushed me inside and sat me down in a chair she made big for me. She told me her name was Bella and Mother Nature told her to start teaching me straight away, so I did. I practiced and practiced until I got it right. A week later…I was sick with nerves but I kept going. I slowly walked towards my uncle’s castle, every step I took it got darker, and Bella followed me, Ahh! I tripped, my dress is now ripped but I saw a small flower under a large grey leaf, I touched the flower, I started to float then I spun, When I got down I was wearing an elegant gown made from plants, Bella said it happened to my mother too when she started magic. When I got to the castle the wind blew the doors open, my uncle said he was waiting for me to show up. He sent his guards after me but I pushed the wind and the guards turned to dust and flew away then my uncle throw a lightning bolt but I stopped it and the battle began after a fierce fight, I throw a finally bolt of lightning and it struck my uncle, he said he’ll be back but I don’t think that. As I left the castle, ever step I took the plants grew back again, it was AMAZING! I started to run home then the wind picked me up and took me home, I ran to my mother’s bedroom. She was standing there waiting for me. I told her everything, she was so proud of me, so was my father and everything was back to normal. A few years later I was fully trained in magic and everything was peaceful until….
The End
Author: Morgan James

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!