Neo Narcissistic

Jemuzu violently sprang out of bed, his skin covered in a thick layer of sweat. Gasps echoed across the darkened room as he clutched at his tightened throat, his eyes wide with fear. Slowly he lay back down, his body sprawled across the mattress like a rag doll as he stared up at the ceiling. It was another one of those strange dreams again. He could recall it vividly as if it was a recent memory - There she was again leaning against the trunk of the cherry blossom tree waiting for him. Her red hair trembled as a soft breeze blew through the canopy above her. That mysterious girl that has appeared before him every night waiting for him. Every single time he tried to reach her, yet every single time he woke before he was able to. Yet tonight was different. Tonight he gazed deeply into those beautiful eyes and saw a girl of purity longing for him. He pressed his supple lips against hers and before he could even enjoy the moment the dream had abruptly ended, much to his disappointment.

Jemuzu tossed off the sodden blankets and stood up out of the bed, walking over to the ensuite bathroom. He flicked the switch and a blazing light burst through the darkness. In the mirror he saw himself and his naked body, and smirked shamelessly. He was rather proud of the work he had put into himself over the years, trailing a soft fingertip along his chiselled muscles. Below the mirror lay a chest of white draws, from which he reached into and retrieved a bottle of luxurious moisturiser. He applied a liberal amount to his lips as wild, twisted thoughts ran though his mind – That girl is perfect for me, her eyes are so innocent and pure. Such a perfect girl… I’ll destroy her.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!