Nelson Mandela


Did you know that Nelson Mandela was in jail for 17 years of 27 years? He was born July 18th, 1918. My main Ideas are he went to jail, he was elected president, he had to fight the government and about him. He was born in South Africa. He won a prize and let people cheer for the government when he was the president.


Did you know that Nelson Mandela went to jail because he wanted equal rights for black and white people of South Africa? He was in jail at winter time in 1964. He was in a small cell, his bed was the floor, a bucket for a toilet and could see a visitor for 30 minutes. He can have a letter received every six months. He had five prisoner numbers. He left behind his wife Winnie and his children. Winnie tried to bring his new grandchild so he could see him. He got out of jail in 1990. When he got out of jail he won the Nobel peace Prize.


Did you know that Nelson Mandela got elected president of South Africa? He became president of South Africa in 1994 and finished being president in 1999. He made South Africa win the democracy in 1994.Did you know that Nelson Mandela got known as South Africa’s modern father when he was president?



Did you know that he had to fight for the government? He had to fight because he wanted the freedom of South Africa for the black and coloured population when he was young. It wasn't easy to get freedom for South Africa. He went to jail for doing it. He had to go to jail for 27 years which is a very long time.


Nelson Mandela was born July 18th 1918 and died December 5th 2013. He died the age of 95. He was a very famous man in South Africa. He had thirteen children between him. He got given the name Nelson from his school teacher. He was the first black president of South Africa. Everyone loved him as president of South Africa.



Nelson Mandela was a great man and everyone loved him. I don’t believe he had to go to jail, he became president for South Africa after he came out of jail, he need to fight the government and I loved talking about him. That is all the information and did you know that he fighted the government for the country to be far in with the colour of here skin. Did you know that the football team was all white but know the football team is all colours for South Africa.

By Brooke

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!