Happy Endings Really Do Come True!

It all started back a long time ago about in the nineteen seventies when my father was just a boy. He was only about seven when my pop had a mental breakdown and then started using him as a punching bag. It got even worse when my pop started to drink he got more violent and started whipping him and cutting him. This was the time when my father’s mum was having an affair with a different man, Mr Colson. My father was so mentally damaged that he started getting into trouble all the time. When my father reached the age of about 16 he and his girlfriend had stupidly had a kid together. Which is me, I have never knew who my mother actually is but Luke my little brother’s mum treated me like her own daughter. See I used the word treated as in she has been acting really horrible towards me lately, even forgetting that I actually do exist. I have notice in the last week though that my father Jack has been acting completely moody. Each day I wonder if he is turning into my pop because he has taken up drinking and becoming so violent towards Luke and me. Sometimes Joanna Luke’s mum forgets to feed us and my dad forgets to buy us food.

2 Weeks Later

My teachers at school lately have been asking question about why I have been arriving so late at school and why I have no food. They have even noticed the spots where my dad and Joanna have been hitting, kicking and punching me. They tell me if I need to talk to anyone just to go to the chaplain’s office and it will be all sorted out. But I tell them there is nothing that can be done because if my “Parent’s” know that I have told some one the will follow through and kill me like they promised. They tell me that if I let it continue to happen that I will never get to be able to be who I am and live happily. So today I walked in the Chaplin’s office and I saw my crush Jordan sitting there and talking to Mr Ruffles.

When Mr Ruffles and were talking Jordan looked up and saw me, he smiled and waved then looked back and continued talking. When they were done Jordan got up and started walking towards me, my heart just started pumping so fast. That I thought I was going to faint, but then he started talking to me. “Hey Ella, how are you?” he asked me, and I replied with “Oh hi Jordan, yeah I am good thank you. How are you?” The he just said simply “I am great thanks!”. Then continued to say “Hey Ella, I was wondering if you would like to go to the movies with me tomorrow night”. I was just so excited and thrilled and just could not get words to come out of my mouth…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!