Dancing Afterlife

An Indifferent morning is how most well paid individuals start a weekday but, not many of the PUBLIC criteria of people that ‘travel down the same path as me’ experience the same work ambiance that I do and most of all, LIKE THEIR WORK! Me, Nio, single, sturdy, well paid, business man (that works in an exquisite work place though) on what WAS a typical Tuesday morning then it abruptly came to me, today was the day I swore to go meet my mum and brother at the ‘grade A’ LindonVille coffee parlour as it is known.
A RELAXING 10 minutes later in my business man’s Mercedes SLR McLaren. I reached the destination, first of course and on time too, right on 12:11:13pm no later, no earlier yes, I’m that kind of guy. When my family members finally arrived after some 3:11seconds later. We still somehow got a table and being the entrepreneur I am, I ordered the 3 most expensive things on the menu. We got some conversations going about our lives, they said “……………..” , and they said, “………….” very informative indeed.
After we finished our delightful meals, I went to get my car, like any one would but there was a problem, the 3x3 area around my car (including mine) of cars were gone, my heart sinks, my blood stops then the ground below collapses, the area is surrounded by concrete structure, every transformation shivering my spine then, a humanlike creature of some sort slashes some kind of leash at me but before I can get a long enough look at the creature I’m dead but not missing his ‘motivational’ speech. “NOTHING CAN DEFEAT ME EXCEPT FOR THE FEW THAT DIE TO THE AMRAK LEASH AND TURN TO A GHOSTLY AFTERLIFE HUMAN.” All I needed to know to start my motivational speech.” YOUR REIGHN OF SUPREME (of the car park) IS Oooooooo”, then I realised that I’m in the afterlife so my speech is useless.
”Over, I sincerely doubt that”, someone mutters behind me. ”AHH!” I screech.
“Oh, we didn’t mean to scare you”, a woman exclaims from behind me.” But about what I said, if we defeat the figure, which is easy, we’ll go out of the afterlife and go into a normal state of DEATH!”
“You don’t get it do you, we are DEAD, other PEOPLE are ALIVE and will DIE if we don’t kill this creature, what’s more important, OTHERS LIVES or our “AFTERLIFE”. We need to defeat this creature, to save others, to kill us.”
“He’s right, we do need to get on the good books and slay Mr. Bombgardener (that’s what they called him) once and FOR ALL, literally for all of humans.” The others were nodding; they agree with her but not me, she must be the leader. “NOW LETS ATTACK, YEAAAAAAAAAAA,” we all chant. We sound like a platoon attacking enemy territory. “3,2,1, JUMP!” the moments of gliding are awesome but we fall short, falling to earth. “NOT ANYMORE”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!