F2M

My name is Din, I’m 14 years old. I live in Victoria. I’m transgender female to male which means I was born a boy in a girl’s body. I live at home with my mother, my older sister, and my younger brother. When I disclosed my identity to my family, at the start they really didn’t understand what it meant but after a while they learnt what transgender meant and they were supportive, and accepting. I am thankful to have a family that respects and helps me get through hard times. I’m in grade 9 this year at Red Cliffs Secondary College and school is very supportive and accepting for who I am, I wouldn’t come out to any other school. I know I haven’t been the best student but all I can do is try my best. My father lives in Queensland so it’s hard to see him when I need to, he is accepting for who I am, he says no matter what I’m his kid and he loves me and being myself won’t change anything.
Waking up each day knowing I’m someone else, I’m seeing a different person when I look in the mirror, and the person behind the mirror isn’t me. I have to wake up to a body that isn’t me. I have always wished I would wake up in my own skin.
My chest is one of my big struggles every day. I have to strap them down every day to hide my disgusting body. I’ve tried sports bras and bandages but nothing works even duct tape I have tried but it doesn’t do its job cause all it does is make me uncomfortable and unable to breathe. I was able to get a binder from another transgender guy, it worked for a while but it got worn out because I have big chest which makes it harder to bind my chest and have it look how I want it to look. I just can’t wait until I get top surgery. It will change everything.
My voice is another struggle because it is high and most boys my age have a deep voice already because they went through puberty like a normal boy does not like me that still has a girl’s voice. It’s harder for me to pass as a male and people would mistake me as a girl instead of a boy. That’s why I’m praying to start Testosterone as soon as possible.
Wearing a jumper to cover up my unwanted body is very hard in the hot weather because I would love to take it off but my disgusting body is stopping me, I get dehydrated quite a lot but I am emotionally comfortable just physically uncomfortable. When I’m wearing no jumper I’m physically comfortable but emotionally uncomfortable.
Can’t wait for June when I go down to Royal Children’s hospital to start my transition from F2M.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!