Safe

Georgia panted as she ran. She could almost feel the breath of her pursuers. Geogia thought she had found a safe place. She was wrong. Safe. A distant memory. Know where was safe after The Happening. Everyone had formed murderous gangs. Her parents had been killed by one. Geogia quickly veered left. After running for quite some time Georgia lost her pursuers. She lay down by a cool stream. The peaceful serenity of the forest almost made Georgia forget The Happening. As Geogia slept a picture formed in her mind. She knew what she had to do. Silence. The perfect time to leave. Geogia’s mind was focused on only one thing. But she didn’t know what it was. It was like an invisible thread was pulling her forward. That night Geogia stopped in a peaceful meadow. Once she was satisfied she pulled out her few belongings. She nibbled on some berries but Geogia wasn’t very hungry. She looked in the mirror. only then did Georgia realise how hurt she was. As soon as Georgia woke some people pounced on her. Her hands were bound and she was hoisted onto the shoulders of a tall man. After a few hours of hiking Georgia was dragged into an old hut. At least 20 people were in there. A man with a crescent shaped scar running down his right cheek stood in front of her. He grinned. “Well, well what have we hear.” he spoke loudly and in Georgia’s face. His breath was ransom. she realized her’s was probably no better. “What should we do with her boss” snarled a snubbed face boy who was younger then her.” Please I didn’t mean to intrude on your land. I’m only passing through.” Georgia could sense a hint of sympathy passing through the women.” I shall consult Marsha. MARSHA” he screamed. Georgia met the eyes of Marsha. “Mum” she whispered. Georgia’s Mum swept her up by the hands. “Oh boss this is my daughter my Georgia has returned.” The boss smiled. “Then she will stay in your room.” Georgia grew to like the camp. Especially a boy called Jeramy. He was about her age. One day when they went out hunting they kissed. Not like the ones her father used to give her at bedtime. Like nothing she had ever done before. The camp could see that Georgia and Jeremy liked each other. In fact Georgia became pregnant at 17. One frightful day the camp was attacked. Jeramy and Georgia where the only 2 who survived. They escaped into the forest. There they had there baby.Her name was Bella. The three of them stayed in the forest for many years. only the happening had finished did they return to the city. But the Happening lived on in there memories. And they hoped that know one would ever have to experience that ever again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!