Waiting

She stood in the centre of the visitors section.Though it was crowded with the hustle and bustle of the average airport, her vibrant clothes and intoxicating attitude made her stand out. In her outstretched arms held a monstrous poster decorated with stickers and “MY BABY IS COMING HOME!” scrawled across the middle of the paper.

Her pale brown curls were straightened, and stuffed into a ponytail on top of her head, and her makeup was done carelessly, with bits of powder and gloss smudged around her face.

As I wheeled my suitcase out into the airport, she screeched, dropping her sign, and sprinted towards me. Her arms enclosed around me, and, nearly suffocating me, we had our first hug in months.

Highly embarrassed, I patted her, attempting to loosen her from me. But her grasp was stone, and I eventually gave up trying to unlatch her from me.

She presented me with flowers, and the sign.Then let go of me and beamed, “Lets go home”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!