Nelly's Adventure

It was a day like no other I woke to the sound of my dog barking.
Nelly’s my dog; she is 2 years old, a Jack Russell terrier and like no other dog.
I sat up in shock!! The crazy barking was coming from my window, why wasn’t Nelly in the backyard like she was supposed to be? What insane adventure was she going to have today?
Suddenly I noticed the barking had stopped. I ran out to the backyard, she wasn’t there. I ran out the front, she wasn’t there either. Then I started to panic “Where is she?” I wondered as my parents yelled at me to go out and find her.
I quickly jumped on my bike and was off in search of my naughty Nelly! As I rode along I wondered why she ran away and where she had gone, I guess I would find out soon enough.
I was furiously pedalling along when I came across a very upset little girl, tears streaming down her sticky cheeks. Between sobs she slowly explained what happened. A little white dog had jumped on her causing her to fall over, the ice-cream she had been enjoying fell to the ground and the naughty little dog had devoured it. I knew straight away the dog she was talking about was Nelly. I comforted her as best I could and asked which direction the dog had gone, she pointed to the right down a path and I was off again in hot pursuit.
A breathless runner told me he had seen a small white dog and a large shaggy dog eating out of the bin. He shouted at them and they ran towards the creek, jumping in without hesitation. Seems like Nelly and her new best friend decided to have a swim in the creek. Oh what a day she was having.
As I was riding down the path I came across a cyclist sitting next to her bike, she looked like she’d seen a ghost. The woman explained that two dogs had jumped out of the creek and started frantically barking at her, she started yelling and getting cranky but the dogs were so psyched about her reaction that they barked even more. Eventually they got tired and stopped, as soon as this happened the women jumped on her bike and rode off faster than you could say GO! Nelly and her new friend then ran off up a path and I headed in that direction.
I was riding along the path but could find nothing, I started to get tired and sore so I decided to call it a day and rode home knowing how much trouble I would be in for not finding Nelly. I rode up the driveway, put my bike away, walked to the front door and guess who was there?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!