Magic Accident

Magic Accident

“Abracadabra!” I hurtled out of bed at the sound of my new alarm clock. I hit the snooze button and stand on the cold, damp timber floorboards. I snap my fingers and BAM I’m dressed and ready to rock ‘n roll. I slam the door behind me as I leave my empty room, rushing through the corridor I wake the students on the way. I slide down the stairs and sprint out the door before the hurricane of angry kids can catch me. I stand out the front of my dormitory dressed in a cape and top hat, holding a wand in one hand and a rabbit in the other. With a wave of my wand I disappear, from the real world at least, now I’m in a magician’s parallel universe, a world that only those who have mastered the art of magic, illusion and trickery have seen.
I reappear, saw in hand, ready to cut my patient, unsuspecting volunteer in half. Everyone is amazed as I slide the blunt saw through his wobbly beer belly. “You’re a demon!” yells his wife as he passes out, playing their roles perfectly. I quickly join his torso back together and move on to the next illusion. I perform the classics like pulling a rabbit out of a hat and finding a marked card in a deck of cards. I entertain people for hours until the grand finale. My most impressive illusion, which I have performed successfully so many times, is the act of disappearing. “Now I will disappear and reappear in the locked box on the other side of the stage” I explain to the intrigued crowd. They begin to chant “Connor, Connor, Connor…” in excitement before I wave my wand and disappear.
Instead of reappearing I enter the magician’s world. Everything here is a dizzy red, for as far as the eye can see, I don’t think it ever ends. I quickly try to get into the box but I was to slow, I took too long to admire this bizarre yet confusing place.
I bang on the box in vain, knowing in my heart that no-one can hear me. I cautiously turn around, taking in my surroundings. I’m still in the city but it’s not the city I’m used to, it really is a parallel universe. Everything is dark and it all looks dead, no life, no colour it just feels like death, am I dead?
To make things worse I start to hear voices, it sounds like their talking about me. “Who is it, what is it?” I can make out some words, but others are in a foreign language. I’m stuck here - possibly forever, who knows? I tentatively begin to explore, maybe I can find a way out. There is life here, I don’t know what it is but I can see something coming in my direction it’s as angry as a half cut snake.
This is no illusion, that’s the last thing I ever remember seeing…


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!