Magic In The Attic

Tinkle, tinkle, I had heard these soft tinkling noises that came from the attic. I had always wondered what the sound was, whenever I decided to go up to the attic there seemed as if a job would just pop up. For many days I tried to go to the attic, but never got the chance. One day I got frustrated and told my mother that I am going to the attic. My mother said, “You’re forbidden to go in the attic”. “Why, can’t I just go and take a little peek?” I asked. “This house is very old and there are lots of loose board up there, you can get badly injured”, replied my mother.
I couldn't go to the attic that day. I was outside in my backyard in the tree house when I thought I would go tomorrow, because my parents and the twins would go out to buy the groceries.
The next day when everyone was gone I slowly crept up to the attic and opened the door everything was old and rusty. I looked around for a very long time, but I didn't find anything interesting.
That night I heard the sound, this time I couldn't take it longer, so I got up, dressed and went up to the attic. I opened the door everything looked new I was shocked. Inside I saw a glowing light in the far corner of the room. I went there and saw a book there was a spell written on it. As I read the spell there was a burst of colour, I closed my eyes, when the light faded I opened my eyes. I saw that I was in a strange and beautiful land. Then I saw a fairy!
The fairy came to me and introduced herself, “hi, my name is Lilly and you must be Sofia, you are in fairyland and we need your help, there is this evil wizard named Jack Frost, he has stolen the crystal and without the crystal we will lose our magic. You are our only hope, so will you help us?” the fairy asked. “Y…Y…Yes, I will help you”, I stammered, finally finding my voice. I met lots of other fairies as well as the Queen Fairy. Some other fairies and I went to Jack Frost’s castle and we found the crystal, but it was guarded by goblins. The Fairies turned me into a fairy and using our magic we got the crystal. We went back to the Queen. The Queen fairy gave me a charm bracelet and as soon as I wore it I saw the same light then everything went black.
The next thing I know I’m in bed and it is morning time. I thought it was a dream, but I see the charm bracelet on my hand and a note next to me. The note read:
Dear, Sofia
Thank you for saving our world and keep the bracelet you are going to have lots of more adventures.
From, the fairies
I rushed to the attic and opened the door and it is all old and rusty.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!