HAUNTED

Once there was a boy named Josh; he was 15 years old.
One day at school he was looking on the internet and stumbled upon an old house, it said it was, “haunted”, and it wasn’t that far from his town. He thought it would be cool to tell his friends the next day that he’d been to a haunted house. He decided that he would go there that afternoon.
As he arrived out the front of the house he started to quiver. He slowly stepped onto the front porch and with a shaking hand he opened the door, BANG!!! A beam from the roof fell down and clattered to the floor. The very next thing he saw was blood stains up one wall and a noose hanging from an old rusty fan over in the corner. As he walked toward the centre of the house he saw two pillars. A staircase spiralled up into the attic and Josh followed a trail of fresh blood leading up.
As he continued toward the top there was a window, when he looked out he saw something so terrible that you’d just want die then and there…then, he woke up.
He sat up and swung his feet round to put them on the floor. It took him a few moments to realize, but when he did, a chill went up his back, it wasn’t a dream. Everything he’d just seen and thought was a dream, wasn’t. That thing, that unexplainable thing that he saw, it had dragged him into the attic but had accidentally knocked over a can of fuel. Josh thought to himself. “Why is there just a lone can of fuel just sitting there? And also how did I get into bed?"
But that wasn’t important.
Suddenly, everything went quiet and the place went up in flames…
We never saw him again. Until this very day he’s still missing. No one has seen him nor knows where he is. But one day, one day, he’ll come back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!