Green Water

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

I woke up to the sound of seagulls at my window and my dog, Oscar, barking at the neighbour’s cat. I dragged my tired self out of bed and swung open my rusty old window and stuck my head out. The soft sea breeze whispered in my ear, the smell of seaweed filled my room. I slid on my fluffy pink slippers and trudged down stairs. Oscar leapt into my arms and licked my crusty face.
“Hello Oscar! Have you been a good boy?”
Oscar barked as if to say yes. Sometimes I think that Oscar can understand what I’m saying. I whipped up a hot chocolate and gave Oscar his breakfast. I went upstairs to have a shower and get changed to go for a walk on the beach. I clipped on Oscars lead and grabbed my hat on the way out.
The beach was calm; the cold sea breeze whipped my soft clean skin. Oscar was digging a hole so I decided to lay out my towel to watch the sun rise. Oscar stopped digging and was barking and spinning around in circles.
“What is it, boy?”
He started running to this green thing lying on the shoreline. I squinted to try and see what it is. Is it an animal? As a got closer, I could feel my head filing full of thoughts and questions. I finally realised what it was, it was a boy! I ran to him and kneeled down next to him. I put my hand on his chest, he had a pulse. He was alive. I dragged him across the rough white sand and rung my roommate,
“Annie! You will never believe what I found on the beach! There is a man with green skin!” I said into my phone,
“What? Hold on… did you say a man with green skin? I’m coming right now!”
She hung up; Annie is one of my closest friends and, well, my roommate. I could see her running at one million miles an hour. Oscar started to sniff the green man and pulled out a something that looked like an ID tag. ‘Erwin green water, son of coral, queen of the ocean.’ It read.
“Wow you were telling the truth! How strange.” Annie said as sat next to the boy. I placed my warm hand on his green head. He felt cold.
“Look at this.” I handed her the ID tag.
“Wow.” She handed it back to me and I slipped it back into his pocket. There was a burst of blinding light. The ground shook, the water whirled with anger! But, a lady dressed in white with a golden crown upon her head.
“LADIES, I HAVE COME FOR MY SON, ERWIN!” her voice was loud but gentle,
“Coral, we know your name! We found him asleep on the shore! We were protecting him!”
She rewarded us with two Beautiful shell necklaces and returned to her home, taking him with her.
THE END.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!