Magic Mirror

The soup is cold in my mouth as I wolf it down, it tastes disgusting, and I think it’s out of date and it’s my least favourite flavour but I’m as hungry as a pack of wolves. Being out in the desert for a full day in the scorching heat sure makes you hungry, thirsty and tired.
The mirror said that I would be transported to that boiling heap of endless sand and blistering heat but I didn’t believe him. I thought it was a just a joke or a threat but I obviously didn’t learn from my last mistake because I woke up in the savannah desert without anything but my winter pyjamas which I ended up tearing off after the first 5 minutes of blazing heat leaving me practically naked. I then wandered around for about 12 hours then finally the mirror transported me back into my bed.
By then I looked like a sundried tomato all wrinkly and red, blistering skin already peeling of me like a shedding snake. I then got straight out of bed and had a meal the size of a banquet, a drink the size of a swimming pool and an ice bath as cold as Antarctica water in winter.
I fall into a daze thinking of all the terrible things that mirror has done to me like the time the mirror transported me to a lab run by mad scientists that grabbed me and turned me into a midget in their dwarf machine. They were just about to squash me when the mirror transported me back just at the right time. The dwarfing lasted for 48 hours and it was humiliating the next day not being able to see over my desk or have a pencil taller than me and to hear people giggle and whisper to each other things like “She’s so tiny her Mum is an ant”.
I really loath that mirror, I don’t even know how it got there. I have tried to destroy it many times, but it always comes back, shiny as ever and ……..
I snap back to reality to hear the mirror humming its creepy tune it hums before it transports me; it is an old sad song that represents trapped souls and never-ending fear. I scream from the depths of my throat but there’s nothing I can do. Suddenly a veil of light cloaks me and I am no longer sitting in my kitchen eating soup, but on a cut down tree trunk in an eerie, humid, green lighted cave “Get the book and get out” I hear a screech from behind me I turn around to a witch with crackly green skin and warts protruding from her face. I suddenly realise I am clutching something in my hands , I look down to see a ginormous book of spells with the pages flipped onto the spell of “KILLING A WITCH” I sigh just another regular day of my life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!