Dance Drama

As her well-cared hair brushed against the wall, Clara started to think. Thinking of falling she now felt like she was going to collapse on the smooth, reflective ground. Clara also started to think about Abigail’s party. Clara said “I have to go to her party and I‘m already as late as can be.”
She gazed at the clock it was 6:00 p.m already. “I’m lost in my mind,” Clara cried. Her sapphire blue eyes were like a cloudless sky. As she was twirling, she started becoming more petrified. She gazed at the window and saw clouds that looked like a bundle of delicious, mouthwatering cotton candy; it made her hungry, very hungry.

Miss Rayne was very displeased that Clara could not do the pirouette just like before. She kept falling when she was twirling. She tried and tried.
“What is wrong with you,” Miss Rayne asked politely.
“Nothing really,” she replied. She thought she could solve this problem without falling. She twirled so hard that she nearly collapsed––in fact she did fall.
She tried harder than before but she still could not do the pirouette.
“Ow,”cried Clara as she was lying on the reflective dance floor.
Alejandro ran and picked her up and took her to the doctor.
“Now what is going to happen to me?” Clara asked.
“I don’t know,” Alejandro replied.
“Am I allowed to dance again?” asked Clara.
“Yes in 5 months or more,” replied Alejandro.
“5 months! that is so long and worst of all I will miss the concert,” Clara cried.
“What did you do to yourself?” asked Karen as she was wrapping Clara’s wrist into a plaster.
“How am I suppose to fix this, now I can’t dance for five months. She started to think about the showcase that she was going to miss. She plodded on the side of the street and examined the posters which read, Showcase on Friday 8:00 pm, Dancers report at 7:00 pm. Now she felt furious, sad and alone. Clara ran to her house and slammed her bedroom door.
“Maybe I’m not meant to be a dancer,” Clara sobbed. She sat on her bed looking miserable. Her stunning, shiny trophies were not so lovely now.

“Ding-dong,” the doorbell rang. Clara ran downstairs in excitement to the door and saw a letter wedged under it. It was a notice stating that the showcase was cancelled. Clara was confused and at the same time so happy that she nearly exploded. She read further on and she was no longer confused. Clara rushed up to her mum and told everything on the letter she even showed the letter to give her proof. Her mum was so shocked that she fainted. Clara’s mother was happy for Clara but still very confused, just like Clara when she read the letter. Now she learnt “to always follow your dream.” In five months she felt better than ever, and her leg was better, she felt so strong. She went back to the dance academy and danced like never before.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!