Nessie

I’m canoeing down a quiet river, suddenly a giant croc snaps the end of my oar. It disappears into the mucky water. I turn around to see if Rover, my dog, it ok and then I hear a frightening CRUNCH!! I look forward, the croc has bitten into the front of my canoe. We’re starting to sink, I grab our heavy bags and throw them to the bank of the mucky river. Rover leaps out and safely lands, does a thundering bark letting me know he’s safe so now it’s my turn to jump. As I leap the croc tries to bite my ankle but luckily misses and I collapse onto the ground.
As me and Rover search for a camp site I wonder, where did that crocodile come from? Finally we find a camping spot but when I look further on I see an old treehouse, so we run over to see if no one is in it. I crawl up the unstable ladder and it’s empty so I throw our bags inside. I lay my rough sleeping bag out, I put down a fluffy pillow for Rover. Rover and I have our first delicious dinner right next to the Loch Ness. After dinner I spend 2 hours looking out onto the mucky lake waiting for the unseen Loch Ness Monster. It’s getting dark so I decide to get some sleep, I climb up with Rover and fall asleep.
Its 5:00am and I start to build a sturdy raft. It has taken me 4 hours but it’s done. I call Rover, he jumps on, I grab my old camera and binoculars. We slowly float on the slightly dirty but shiny water in search of the Loch Ness Monster again.
It’s about lunch time in Scotland and still no Nessie. Then I suddenly see a large head out of the water in the far corner of the slimy lake. Rover and I slowly float towards it and I see the LOCH NESS MONSTER!! I grab my old camera and take a quick photo, Rover starts jumping with force and I see that he has just sprung a tiny leak. We start to slowly sink. Then the Loch Ness Monster nudges us to shore, I thank it. He slowly sinks to the bottom of the mucky lake. Rover and I run to the old treehouse, I find my leather diary and write our amazing adventure inside, I glue the wonderful photograph I took of the Loch Ness Monster inside too. I start to pack our things.
We are all packed, we get on the plane back to Australia. After I collected our bags I head straight to the museum and I show the manager he decides to put my diary on display when I walk out I realise that I’m the first person to see the Loch Ness Monster. I just had the best adventure ever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!