Technical Difficulties

I’m sitting on my computer, typing a story. Boring, right? I’m Becca and I’ve almost finished the story, thank goodness.
Suddenly, I hear a loud, ear-splitting, low-pitched screeching noise. I felt myself spinning around in circles, when just a few minutes ago I was sitting on a chair at my computer. As I slide down a dark tornado, anxious and curious, I see a bright light in front of me. Am I dead? Nope. Am I injured? Probably mentally, but not physically. I slide out to the bright light and land on a soft, cushion-like object. I look down and find that it’s a Windows logo. I look around myself, confused and dazed. My surroundings are a gradient blue from a top corner of the screen to the opposite bottom corner, with two ribbons of green and lighter blue stretching beautifully across my surroundings. I see a bundle of icons, some look like folders, some look like papers, and one looks like a piano, and there are oodles more on the right side of me. They each have words under them, I read one of the papers, and it reads; “Microsoft Word 2010”?
It hits me like a bundle of bricks, I’ve been sucked into my own computer. I jump onto the Microsoft Word logo. It expands swiftly, taking up the whole screen. I get pushed onto the bottom of the screen. I should try something else. I activate Voice Recognition, and say; “Open on-screen keyboard.” The keyboard pushes me upward. “Turn off”, I yelled. I jump onto the keys on the board, and I spell out “SOS. Stuck in computer, HELP” and decide that’s all I need.
That was tiring, but I climb onto the scroll bar and it goes up to the top. I jump onto the settings on the top and change the font size to 95. I jump to the minimize button and get pushed onto the desktop again. I work my way up to the Skype icon to call my mum to get me out of here. But on my way up I fall into the rubbish bin icon! I fall until I land in a scrappy word document. I climb out slowly, and then the cursor starts moving!
Someone is on my computer!
The cursor clicks on the wobbling rubbish bin icon and shows a new file called Becca, and the icon is me! I jump up and down and run around. The cursor clicks on me, and drags me to my SOS message. I point at it and jump onto the cursor. The cursor moves toward it slowly, then stops, and moves toward the menu button and shuts down the computer.
I feel a windy sensation rush through me and I start spinning; I know where I’m headed. I fall onto the floor of my office and find my sister on my computer, freaking out.
I start crying, then laughing, and my sister does the same. I guess I’ll survive.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!