Kidnapped

She smiled her award winning smile as she reached her hand towards her prize. Her smile faltered for a second when she saw me lurking in the shadows at the back of the hall. It was now or never , I sprinted up to the front of the room and grabbed her, covering her mouth with my hand. As i was dragging her off to the stage exit she screamed into my hand and kicked with such a force that I nearly let go. Her blue piercing eyes caught mine for a second and it felt like she was searching my soul for any kind of warmth and safety within. I didn’t have any of that, I lost it a good time ago when my mother died. I grimaced and tried to get out before I got trapped by the large amount of people watching us in such horror. Before I could reach the door I felt my legs collapse beneath me, that’s all I could remember when I woke up in the hospital with her in the bed beside me, she was as still as anything. Her golden hair fell around her head and she looked like an angel when she opened her eyes. That was until her ear piercing shriek filled the room, the nurses ran in and wheeled her out telling her to be quiet because they didn’t need the whole hospital awake.
“WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!” She cried .
“He tried to kidnap me…”

I felt horrible as she looked at me one last time and shuddered before the door shut behind her. All I wanted her to know was that she was my daughter. Now I’d probably never get that chance again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!