Danger


The rain thunders down onto the parched dry desert rain has finally came to our parched patch of land I yell with joy rain will make the harvest a success I dance I look at the parched plants as the fresh rain gives their dehydrated leaves a drink thats when I saw a little on the horizon little did I know that little dot was about to end my life.


As he came closer I realized who it was I ran inside and locked all the doors and windows I hear his truck pull into the driveway and then I hear the him pound on the door I can’t he is coming back for me it happened 20 years ago then I hear the door break in and the click of a gun then bang.


Pain shoots up my back and into my neck I can’t die not know I have a wife and three kids then the second shot goes off and hits me in the stomach I feel the life draining out of me and see his face smirking I close my eyes and see her welcoming me her outstretched ready to grab me and hold me forever I take her hold. It’s Mum.


I ask her what will happen to my family she smiles and tells me that they will be alright. And that is all I want


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!