Kidnap The Orphan

As I lay in my bed, I could hear the leaves swaying from the wind outside. The white moon twinkled on my bed, it was past midnight and the village was as quiet as a grey mouse rustling in its mouse hole. I desperately needed some sleep, tomorrow was going to be a rough day.

As I crept off my creaky bed at 5:30am, I could already hear the other children being scowled by the teachers. I got ready for the day, my clothes where all torn and ripped, and I had no shoes. Then I heard a faint knock, outside my dormitory. I gradually dragged my legs in pain from all the exercise we did yesterday, slowly opened the door and there was a boy standing there with a bright smile across his face. His hair was bright blonde; he was as skinny as a stick and had torn clothes. He had exclaimed that he was a new orphan and he was going to be sleeping next to number 201. We all had numbers in the orphanage. Instead of using our real names it was numbers, sometimes I forget my real name and I call myself 201.

Days went past; number 202 was now my best friend, well my only friend. We did everything together but one dark and gloomy day, number 198 went missing, everyone was murmuring about it in the whole village. Then 107 and 153 they had both gone missing. It was tragic, there was rumours that they had been kidnapped, but the teachers where the ones that where most worried, they were also the supervisors and they were the ones that had to look after the children. When I was about to go to sleep, number 202 was in detention. Someone strange was in my dormitory already sleeping in number 202’s bed. I went over to him and the man put tape over my mouth, pulled out a leather sack and stuffed me into it. I could hear him leave the orphanage and into the dim village.

It had been forever until he finally pulled the sack off, I felt like I was going to die. I looked around, it was pitch black like the sack but even worse, I could hear the drops of water from the roof and the noise of children being tortured, like in the orphanage. Days had gone past, and it was even worse than the orphanage. We got no food, only the disgusting water. I had to think of a plan to escape. I got it; trick the man into letting him open the gate and then run, run for our lives. I tried about ten times, the 11th time, please, please work.
YES, YES! It’s over, fifteen years over misery, over, I was free!

10 years later, I met my friend, Hugo again. We are still going to be best friends, until we die. We are now telling our intriguing story to orphans you were just like us.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!