Taken Young

She looked around. There was nowhere to go. They had surrounded her. Tears ran down her face. She had fought and lost. She had just given herself up. They enclosed around her and she was pushed to the ground. She wheezed and burst into tears. They destroyed her spirit and watched her trust burn, they were her friends; but now they were cruel. They punched her and kicked her and screamed in her face. This was what they did to her.

She lay in her bed crying. She gave up, she tried to kill herself; suicide. It would have worked, it should of worked. But someone caught her, just before the rope tightened around her neck. It would be over now, but he's sitting out there. With her parents, they hug him; and thank him over and over again.

She grabbed the knife from beside her bed. She slowly cut her arms, five short strokes. One, two, three, four, five. Pain and heartache.

I won't thank him, she thought to herself. It wasn't an accident like he said. Her parents got told she slipped while playing with the Tarzan rope. And somehow that rope ended up around her neck. That's not how it happened, the rope had a purpose. He simply couldn't tell the poor innocent couple how the rope had really gotten around the neck of their darling 14yr old. He had seen it all.

They went to bed and he left. She waited till it was quiet, she grabbed the pills. And ran out the front door. She ran, and ran till she got to an alley way and stumbled down it. She took the pills one by one, all in all. Half the tub, 22 in total was soon gone. She stood up slowly and stumbled back onto the street.

She woke up in a white room, hardly breathing, but still alive. Life support. There were her parents, bags under their eyes. They slumped there together, in a heap crying. Her mum looked up and stroked her forehead 'I love you' she cried. She tried to move her mouth, she managed 3 words only. 'I love you' she whispered. The steady beep stopped. Silence. Her mother reached out, 'Leave her' her father said 'She's happy now'. She nodded. 'She's happy' she said.

She had died in beauty, like a rose blown from its stem. And the family's grief had lain thick in the room, like dust.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!