Bad Bill

Bad Bill
“Here we are” exclaims mum “it’s not really what I expected, though”. I looked at our new house. It doesn't look new. I am looking at an old ramshackle place with old, cracked windows that were covered in dust. It was surrounded by a thick bubbly swamp and every time a bubble breaks the surface a horrible stench fills the air.
The door has a latch on the outside. “That’s weird” I mumble. Right behind the windows were steel bars and the windows looked like they had been hurriedly been pushed in place. “That should keep robbers out!” I mutter to myself. But I was really thinking was that it looked more like a jail than a house.
After two days living in the house I heard a rumour that the ghost of Bad Bill haunted the house. Now I understand why the house looks like a jail.
That night I saw Bad Bill. He was walking towards the well outside. “AAAH!” I screamed. The door suddenly burst open and mum came barreling through the door like an angry alligator. “Simon, what is it?” she yells at me. I point a shaky finger towards the window. “Ghost, the ghost of Bad Bill!” I whisper. But the ghost is gone. “What?” asks mum. She looks out the window. “There’s nothing there” spoke mum. “If you do this again, then no T.V. for a week!” warns mum. “We don’t have a T.V.” I pointed out. “Fine then, if you do this again you are grounded for a week! I was worried sick you know.” scolded mum.
The next time I saw Bad Bill I didn't scream, but instead I asked him “What do you want?” A ghostly voice floated through the air “You have to set me free! You have to open the front door for me!”. “Can’t you do it?”I asked the ghost. “No I can’t hold the door handle” it replied. “Float through the wall then!” I say. “I can’t, I have a curse on me! You have to set me free!” the Ghost repeated. I could tell the ghost was getting frustrated. “Fine, I’ll do it”. I walked to the door and opened it. “There, happy now?”I asked. But the ghost floated on through the door without another word. “Talk about rude” I say But now my troubles where over. YIPPIE.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!