Harry And Buttercup

Harry and Buttercup

One fine day, Harry the fat-fairy was looking through the window into his favourite shop, his mouth watering like mad. You see, Harry was standing outside the sweet shop. The shelves were lined with delicious treats, but since they lived in a fairy village, these sweets and treats were special.

I should probably introduce you to Harry and Buttercup. Harry is a plump fairy who is much too fond of cupcakes, and Buttercup is a skinny fairy who loves sports. 'Camilla’s sweets' sold none other than the most fascinating lollies you have ever seen. Candied fruits of every flavor, seeds to grow jelly bean trees, and their famous glowing lollipops. Buttercup knew that this would happen, and beckoned Harry back with a cupcake. “No Harry” said Buttercup “no more lollies”.

But as they were walking home to their mushroom house, Buttercup realized something was missing. Was it her keys, or her fairy phone? She searched her pockets but soon realized the thing that was missing was Harry. She spun around looking for Harry, but he was nowhere to be found. Was Harry playing a prank on her? It wouldn’t be unlike Harry to do something like this.

As she was searching, Buttercup ran into her friend, Stephanie. They went and got a hot chocolate, and the thought of finding Harry completely slipped her mind. When she got home to an empty house, she suddenly remembered what she should be doing. Her instinct kicked in and she thought of the most obvious reason for his disappearance.

She ran out of the house as fast as she could, sprinting down streets as fast as she could. She ran into the enchanted woods, turned a corner, and despite all of the signs saying “STICK TO THE PATH!” and “MIND THE CREEK!” she went outside the path, still running, and instantly she saw a horrible sight.

The first thing she saw was Harry yelping as he was being lowered into Dead Man’s Creek. Buttercup saw the leader of this operation and recognised him straight away. It was Harry and Buttercup’s arch nemesis, Gorby the goblin and he was giving instructions to one of his gang members. And do you know what Buttercup’s first move was? She slapped Gorby right in the face.

By chance, Harry and Buttercup’s friend Ferdinand the fox was passing by, and with his first glance at the commotion, he sprung into action. Gorby had just let go of the cord which was holding Harry up, when Ferdinand leapt over the pond and grabbed Harry by the collar of shirt, landing with a thud on the ground. Harry was rushed to hospital by Ferdinand, and two short days later, Harry was out of hospital with a broken arm.

When they were walking past the sweet shop on the way to the village market, Buttercup broke the silence between the three friends and said:

“Harry, I think that you deserve a sweet from Camilla’s treat shop!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!