Fantasy

As I walked into the PDHPE I knew something wasn’t going to end well. Was it just the feeling in my gut, or was it the fact we were playing dodge ball? I hate dodge ball and it was bad enough that my enemies, Jodie, Clara, June and Anika were on the other team. They are going to smash me, I thought to myself as I went to my side of the court.
Then Ms Hilton blew the whistle and the game began. Me and my friends, Tess, Melissa and Faith decided to stay in the corner where nobody would hit us. But when we were the last four people on our team and my enemies were the last four people on their team, the game suddenly felt real. Until all of a sudden Jodie picked up the hardest ball and was like, “Hey Alexis, eat it!” she threw the ball and it hit my back. I face planted onto the timber floor, and it was then I blacked out.
When I opened my eyes I saw unicorns. Wait, unicorns? And then I saw rainbows and sparkles and lollipop trees and sunshine. I rubbed my eyes but it wasn’t helping. I was in a complete world of fantasy. Then the strangest thing happened. A unicorn walked up to me and said, “Hi I’m Jerry the first and I would like to welcome you to fantasy land! What’s your name?”
“I’m, uh, Alexis,” I stuttered.
“Well hi, uh Alexis! Would you like a tour? You might be staying here for a long time! Mwahahaha!”
“Wait, what was that?” I asked suspiciously.
“Oh nothing, nothing at all. Let’s get started. First we shall go to cray cray balloon of funsies onesies land. There we will meet Jerry the second and he will make us a delicious lunch of sunshine soup with a side of rainbow salad!”
“Lovely,” I said aloud while thinking of my escape plan but he just continued.
“Then we shall travel to fabulishious-amazingness-blurple –world-of-rainbows-and-sprinkles –and-fairy-flossiness-overload-land!”
“Great!” I exclaimed. “But all I want to know right now is how I can get out of here and get back to the reality of my life!”
Jerry the first gasped. “You’re one of them! Take her away!”
Then two oversized finger buns popped out of nowhere and gripped my arms tightly. “Take her to the pretzel prison……coated in chocolate and black and white rainbows and… you get the point just take her to the barrier of sadness! Now!”
The ‘guards’ dragged me to the barrier and chucked me through. “Sayonara sucker!” oversized number one shouted. “Enjoy life…. In prison!” then the two guards stomped off. What am I going to do? I thought to myself. I tried smashing the barrier but the force was to strong. I turned around, and just as I did a cyclone started to rip through pretzel prison. How am I going to get out of this nightmare? I thought to myself as the cyclone ripped me away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!