Danger's Great Escape

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One dark, gloomy night in a prison far, far away Danger was locked in a cell. Danger was a crazy criminal who got put in prison for years after committing a crime.
Danger was scouring everywhere for a way out, when suddenly he stepped on a piece of wood. His foot fell through the wood with a mighty crash and he fell to the ground. He picked himself up and then tried to stick his hand through the wood. To his amazement it just fitted.
For the first time in years Danger felt a sudden rush of joy through his body. Could this be his first chance to escape?
Danger thought for a minute about what he was going to do next. He decided to put his shoe into the hole in the wood to see if there were any nasty creatures lurking in the shadows. If it was safe he would put his hand in and make the hole bigger.
Cautiously Danger put his shoe into the hole. He pulled out his shoe and there were tonnes of bites in his shoe. He did not know what they were. Danger put his other shoe in to see if there were any more creatures in the hole. Danger compared both his shoes and the bites were all the same. Danger examined his shoes carefully and saw that they were rat bites.
Danger was not scared of rats so he got on his knees and started making the hole bigger. There was sweat and tears, but every last fistful of dirt counted towards Danger’s freedom. Finally he could fit his whole body through. Danger was digging tonnes of dirt by the second like a well-oiled digger. He jumped in the hole he had currently made and dug and dug until he reached the surface.
As he jumped out of the hole the prison guard alerted the police. Helicopters were drawn to the sky in search of Danger. The police told everyone to stay inside until they had found him. Danger knew the city better than anyone and hid in an abandoned fair ground until the commotion died down.
Once the area was all clear Danger came out of his hiding spot. He was walking around the city and ran into an old friend. He told his friend his story. Danger’s friend works as a spy in America and was so impressed with Danger’s escape story that he offered him a job in his company.
Danger was excited to have been offered this excellent job. He decided to never commit a crime again. After all of those years in prison he had finally learnt his lesson and Danger knew this.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!