Kidnapped

I was lying in the meadow, listening to silence, daydreaming. A cold spinechilling scream echoed through the meadow. My sister. I ran screaming her name “Emily”! The screams grew louder. I ran faster but not fast enough, she had already been taken. I heard a car start, I ran to where the noise was coming from but it was too late all I saw was a white skull zoom past. I fell to the ground exhausted and crying, exhaustion took over and I blacked out.

I woke up to the sound of a crackling fire. It was night and obviously I was not alone. I looked around trying to find someone or least something. “Hello” I croaked, a boy stepped out from behind a rock, he looked about my age, 16. “Who are you?” I said trying to stand up. “Tristan” he replied. “Who are you” he shot back, “Gretel, Tristan I need your help to get my sister, she was kidnapped and I need to get her back”. I started to cry. “Kidnapped, by who” he asked. “I don’t know, all I saw was a white skull” I sobbed. “I’ll help you but on one condition”. “Anything” I replied. “You help me get my brother back too he was taken by the same people a year ago”. I was shocked. “Is it a deal” he asked, only just a whisper. I didn’t reply. “Is it a deal” he yelled. “Yes” I said swallowing my fear. “Together?” I asked, “Together” he replied. “Better go get some sleep, goodnight”. “Goodnight”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!