My Life As A Teddy Bear

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Hi my name is Furzy Fomball but I’m not your average human child because I’m actually a 5 year old teddy bear. But if you want to get all technical I’m really only 5 in human years in traditional secret teddy bear years just between you and me I’m 25 years old. I’m going to tell you something I haven’t told anybody before but when I was only 1 human year I was left on a swing at the local park I was very scared to be left alone so long.
It would have been at least a year and I was getting torn and starting to loose luck of anyone finding me and giving me a home. Another week had passed and many children had passed not wanting to give me a new home. When out of the blue a little girl named Dahri picked me up and took me home. Dahri wrote her name on my left foot and even put a really big love heart and my new name which was of course Furzy Fomball on my right foot. At this point I knew my world had changed for the better. I have a loving family and
everything is great.
The next couple years went by like a breeze because every day is filled with happiness, love and laughter. But little did I know on the 29th of January 2015 Dahri was going to something called high school. She grabbed her new schoolbag and for the first time she didn’t put me in it. My mind went black I sat all day wondering why she didn’t take me with her.
I heard the door open later that day luckily I can’t talk because if I did she would be copping the silent treatment for quite a while. She looked really happy coming in the bedroom door. She sat down and had some other human being with her. The unknown girl said “do you still have teddy bears?” Dahri said no “that’s just my cousins?” When the girl left Dahri chucked me away. That made me very, very sad.
I’m alright now because I have a lovely home were kid lots of
children corn play with me every day. I now get excited whenever I hear the bell ring. That is the story of my sad but awesome life.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!