Sakal The Dancer

Sakal ran through the streets and back alleys of the city where she gave her last performance, desperate to shake the pursuers that killed her lover, clutching their newborn child to her chest, she ran towards safety, her breath becoming haggard and sweat drenching her dancer outfit, Sakal knows she must reach the warp point to get her child to safety. Stopping at the corner of an alley to catch her breath, Sakal takes a moment to remember her lover Diane and on the joy the two of them felt upon discovering Sakal was pregnant, blessing their goddess that gender no longer affected childbirth.
Sakal comes back to the present and feels her pursuers’ cold eyes loom down upon her as they come into sight, spotting her pursuers once again Sakal flees down the alley, gently cradling her child as she runs, protecting her daughter from the foul magic cast at them. Sakal runs through the twisting alleys, all of them appearing dark and menacing before her and stops to scan the area with a magic pulse to locate how far she is from the warp point.
Finding that she is close, Sakal turns down the final alley only to see her pursuers have reached the warp point before her. Without warning they all begin to cast their foul and evil magic at her, throwing searing fireballs that scorched the air, streams of water that hit with more force than a landslide and piercing rocks hurled faster than the eye could follow. Without hesitation Sakal used her magic to alter the wind around her body to create a shield, deflecting every attack, Sakal then altered the shield to allow her to move faster and she sped towards them in the blink of an eye, then using her training as a dancer she spun with earth, water, fire and air swirling around and unleashed a blast that threw her opponents away.
As they lay bleeding and unconscious on the ground Sakal made her way to the warp point, walking unsteadily on her feet from the amount of energy she expended. Upon reaching the warp point, Sakal hugged her daughter for the last time and remembered when she first held her child, with Diane holding their child with her, then with her heart torn in two, Sakal kissed her daughter goodbye and sent her through the warp point to a place where she could grow up happy and safe.
Turning around with tears in her eyes, Sakal fell to her knees and watched as the rest of her pursuers found her and as they hurled their magic with all their might Sakal embraced her fate and died, knowing her daughter would be safe.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!