The Fenix Fight

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

There he was, right in front of me. The most powerful being on the planet of Fenix, the strongest, the bravest, the ambassador of Fenix. Not only that but he had mastered all known elements of magic. He stood there knives strapped to a belt across his immaculate silver chest plate. He was staring at me through the slits on his helmet, a quiver of arrows slung over his back and his heart piercer bow folded into an amulet around his neck. His glowing sword was still in his hand, emitting golden rays of pure power raising the temperature. “Middle of Wildwood, tomorrow morning, you will find supplies at the north-east edge; if you are not there, War follows…”
After about 50 minutes walking through the forest in full armour, a giant figure appeared ahead of me with a smaller one darting around and shooting light. I ran forward, but when I arrived I froze. Standing in front of me was a giant tree monster throwing boulders at Blaze Legendblade. Luckily, the beast had its back to me. Then Blaze called out, “Nathan, Attack him.” The Tree Creature whirled around to meet the flat of my axe in the face. The blow would have killed any normal person, but the creature hardly seemed fazed. Blaze jumped up to attack, but the creature knocked him out of the air and he landed heavily against a tree and I heard a CRACK! Then the creature turned on me. I sidestepped its first attack and jammed my axe into its thigh, wounding it badly. Giving me just enough time to rush over to Blaze and summon a quick life spell to repair his broken ribs. As I turned back to the creature, he said, “Nathan, the only way to kill it, is to attack it with every element at the same time.” “Great” I said, and then suddenly he did something I didn’t expect. He stood bolt upright and white mist floated out of his mouth and into mine. “Wha?” I started to ask but he just said, “Sharing my spirit, attack the Forest Lord.” We started fighting it together, but now I felt stronger, more athletic. It attacked, I sidestepped and Blaze attacked. Finally we had it on the ground. “Summon a spell from every element!” Blaze yelled. Somehow I managed a creature from every element, Blaze did the same and all at the same time they attacked, and exploded the Forest Lord. Then I passed out.
I woke up to the Blaze shaking me, “Well done Nathan, you just stopped the most violent war ever about to break out.” “What?” I asked. “That Forest Lord had roused every vengeful spirit all over Fenix, with him dispelled no spirits are brave enough to fight. You did well, but I fear our troubles are not over, there is another war brewing and you are our only hope…”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!