Magic Mystery

Once there was a beautiful unicorn foal, a bright phoenix and a baby ice dragon. Their names were Mariposa, Flames and Crystal.
They loved to play together. “Who wants to play thorn-ball?” cried Crystal. “I do!” yelled Mariposa.
“I don’t,” moaned Flames. “Why not what happened?” asked crystal.
“I do not feel so good,” Flames moaned. “We need to take her to her mum. She’s a good surgeon,” Mariposa suggested. Crystal laid flames on Mariposa’s back. “Hey, I think I know why she’s not feeling good,” Mariposa gasped, “Flames isn’t burning me like she always does.” Mariposa flapped her wings as fast as she could and Crystal followed. Then they finally made it to flames’ cave.
“Mrs Phoenix!” cried Crystal. The cave echoed. “Oh Flames, I told you to stay in bed,” said Mrs Phoenix. “Wait a second. So Flames was like this all morning!” shrieked Crystal. “Flames we could have kept you company while you were in bed.” “Unfortunately while I was sleeping, Flames got infected by Glowing water Fairies. T hose things can sometimes kill Phoenixes,” said Mrs Phoenix, “but there is one cure, the Lava of Activity.” “Where can we find it?” asked Mariposa. “In the cave of Fire Fairies,” replied Mrs Phoenix. “I’ll need one of you to come with me to save Flames. Someone brave,” said Mrs Phoenix. “I will stay here with Flames because I might melt,” said Crystal.
“Ok, give her lots of coal to keep her healthy.” “Got it.” “Come on Mariposa, let’s fly,” Mariposa and Mrs Phoenix were off.
It took a while for them to get there but in a few minutes time, they made it. “Here we are,” announced Mrs Phoenix. It was a beautiful sight. Fire Fairies busily flying this way and that. “Wow! This is amazing!” shrieked Mariposa. “Look! The lava of Activity is just across the cave!” said Mrs Phoenix. She quickly grabbed the Lava of Activity and they flew back. Mrs Phoenix put the potion on Flame’s chest. Then she started to burn again. “Thanks Mariposa!” said flames, “let’s play thorn-ball!” “Yeah, let’s do it!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!