Magic

At Cherryfield orphanage on a dark stormy night when Alice the nun checked the front door for abandoned children, there was something very strange brewing somewhere and Alice knew it. When she checked she was disappointed to find no children on the porch, she turned and closed the door. BANG!! Alice turned sharply and opened the door and there was a small box with a screaming little baby in it. Alice was shocked, she had never believed in magic but there was nothing else it could be, she took the baby inside and showed it to the other nuns who were as shocked as Alice about how the baby got there.

As the boy grew he became a social outcast, nobody played with him, nobody helped him and nobody ever noticed him. Jerry developed strange skills and habits which were considered not normal to the other kids but seemed normal enough to him. One day Jerry was playing in the garden with the mice when he saw a very dark car drive up the driveway. The smallest man you have ever seen got out of the car and walked over to the awaiting nuns and said in a sharp high pitched voice, “So where’s the boy, go on hurry up show me to him.” The nuns lead the goblin looking thing over to Jerry. The midget whispered something to the nuns and they left, the dwarf said to Jerry “You’re one of the fire warrior tribe.” Jerry was extremely confused “a magician” added the Halfling.

Jerry had no time to take in what he had just heard. The hobbit thing clicked his fingers and Jerry was inside a massive tent with a giant man with fiery red, orange and yellow hair. Jerry was seated on a pillow next to the little guy; the giant man started chanting something.

When the man was finished his chant he said to Jerry “I know this will be a shock to you but you are a young wizard and you will be staying here with me and the other wizards until you become the most powerful wizard you can be.” “For now I will introduce you to Jeremy he just started training here just as you will.” Jerry and Jeremy introduced themselves and immediately started showing each other what they could do. Jerry was amazed by how Jeremy moved things with his wand and made fire and put it out without water. Jerry was shown to his room and fell asleep on his bed.

Jerry started training the next day and was given a wand, a pair of clothes and a spell book, Jerry was shown many spells and was glad Gury the giant man said he was not allowed to return to his orphanage. Jerry made many friends and became the most liked young warlock in all of the camp and started doing all the strange things that wizards like to do.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!