VENUS

Venus a planet that humans have now colonized on, there was only about 100 people living on the planet as most still lived on earth. Humans hunted alien animals and creatures for sport and entertainment and wore armor in case something was to attack them, but little did they know the hunters were about to become the hunted.
That night two roommates Kyle and Brad were out hunting small creatures for food Kyle with a rifle to kill the creature and Brad with a knife to skin the creature, they then both saw a flock of birds fly towards them “something big is coming this way” said Kyle as he took another swig of his coke be for throwing the can on the floor and crushing it with his foot. They then both heard the trees rustling around them the heard a croaking noise “shh it’s right above us” Brad said in the lowest voice he could do, they then started to slowly back away, the rustling then stopped. They then both made a run for it before coming to a dead end. In front of them was a rock face that they had to climb. They started climbing the rock face but down below them they heard another croaking noise “climb faster” Brad shouted to Kyle.
They made it to the top. “I think were safe now” said Kyle puffing frantically before the suddenly heard a thumping sound and the ground under their feet began to shake, they both looked up to see the creature in front of them, it had two sets of wings four arms with razor sharp claws on the end if its hands, it stood on its two back legs and had a mouth that had two rows of razor sharp teeth, frozen in fear Kyle quickly shot the creature and shouted “RUN!” Kyle was running back towards the edge of the cliff but as he looked back he saw Brad running towards him but Brad tripped as the monster was chasing him, “GO!” Shouted Brad before the monster grabbed him threw him into its mouth splitting Brad’s body in two and his body parts shooting blood everywhere, Kyle then reloaded his magazine to his sniper and shot the monster in the eye before jumping if the rock face and landing down the bottom on his back, Kyle saw the monster fly of the rock face and land in front of him, Kyle shot the monster until he ran out of ammo he threw his backup knife out if his pocket and threw it into the monsters eye now the monster was stunned holding its eye, this gave Kyle a bit of time to think he remembered his grenade on his left thigh and grabbed it “Hey ugly” Kyle shouted at the monster. The monster then turned to face him letting go if his eye “Eat this” the monster roared and Kyle threw the grenade landing in front of the monster killing it and Kyle.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!