I Learn't From A Book

You might think I am insane after this but trust me all that I am about to say is true. This is how a naïve child like me joined and fled the greatest accumulation of fugitive fanatics and cunning criminals with my limbs intact.
It had been an exhilarating day and due to some crafty conspiring on my part and because my parents had forgotten to close the door, I was able to escape the prison in the guise of my house. It had been the first time I was outside the house without my parents sending at least three loud shadows after me. I quickly acquainted myself with my newly acquired freedom but to my annoyance I had forgotten to pack any supplies so I would be forced to work unless I want to re-enter my dungeon.
Due to my parent’s obsessively overprotective nature, I had no life skills. The only real knowledge I had from the outside world had been from book. Unfortunately, books told me that the bad guys were really rich and no one really died in a fight. This ‘knowledge’ along with my ignorance made me decide to become an outlaw. Unfortunately, my timing couldn't be worse because the scums of society were having a huge meeting and as the new guy, I would be assigned as a bodyguard. The job of bodyguard was something hardened hoodlums peed their pants over. The reason for this is because, bodyguard was a synonym for sacrificial lamb among the more unsavoury members of society.
The summit hosted all sorts of insane and power-hungry demons. From the biggest mastermind to the lowest of murderers, I unknowingly dodged all their piercing gaze and piercing weapons. When the summit started, low lives from all over bragged about how ruthless they were and how many people they have killed. As I was curious, I listened to them about all the atrocities they have committed. Soon I realised that there was some truth to their bluffs and brags.
I then froze, like a mouse trapped in Medusa’s gaze. I was traumatised. All the things I helped do were real. I now knew that people got hurt in real life and no caped crusader could stop that. I decided it was time to stop these banes of common man. I used the knowledge that had been drilled into the mind of ever bodyguard, to set strategic knock out gas bombs. Then left the building on the excuse that I was going out to the toilet and captured all the sleeping devils. When the criminals were detained, I felt like the titan Atlas and the earth had just been lifted from my shoulders.
I was famous and the government gave truckloads of money for ‘security reasons’. However, that wasn't the best thing I took from this journey, the best thing was between right and wrong.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!