The End Of My Life

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

SPLAT! Down I went, face first onto the rock hard court. Suddenly I was falling down the world’s scariest slide. Then I heard sloshy splashy beneath me. Just before I hit the bad smelling water, I felt the slide tilting upwards.
After two more hours of sliding, I shot out of a trap door. I blinked for a second, still out of breath from going that fast down the slide. I must have been going down there at about 8000 miles per hour. When I looked around, I found myself in a dense jungle.
Suddenly, a huge lion jumped towards me. I dived out of the way, just before the strong jaws snapped shut. The lion turned around and lunged at me again. This time it got closer. I tried to get out of the way but I wasn’t quick enough. The lion gave me a long scratch that went all the way down my arm. I started running and the lion chased me, just as I’d hoped.
When I got to a tree, I stopped. The lion launched himself towards me. When the lion was about 1cm away from me, I jumped out of the way. SMASH!!!! The lion slammed into the tree. The tree wobbled and then crashed onto the lion and squished it as flat as a pancake.
I ran back to where the trap door was but there was no trap door there. Suddenly I heard a roar behind me. I turned and saw another huge lion standing on its hind legs. It sprung like a spring and went for me. I ran around trying to find the trap door, my means of escape. I dived out of the way but when I hit the ground, my head hit something metal. I looked down and I couldn’t believe my eyes, it was the trap door! I jumped down into the slide. Unluckily, the lion grabbed me by the collar and tried to pull me out but the collar on my T- shirt ripped off. I started shooting down the slide. In three more hours, I was back on the court and playing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!