A Secret That Lied Behind The Wall

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

I walked along the streets, I smelt the fresh air going through my nose. The paths were dark, puddles surrounded and only the sound of the wind was heard. Drips of waters fell down from the roof and slowly landed to the ground to join the others in the grass. It felt cold and icy, my legs shaking bit by bit as I walked step by step. No one seemed to be around, no one really visited this place either. They would always think this place is dark and a dump where people who have no sense stay here. They were entirely wrong.
They never dared to search, they never dared to think of the wonderful things that were around here. They always pictured in their head narrow walls with vines that stretched between them, cracks that formed along the concrete, the smell of something that disgusted them and a place where it was always dark, where the sun decided to never shine.
What is really found here is the sound of animals, enjoying themselves when they saw visitors like me. Flowers rose as they waved with the wind. Dewdrops fell down as they found their way through the grass. The sun revealed the wonders of this place like odd people in a crowd. All around me was beautiful nature, a secret that lied behind the wall.
I always visited this place, I felt this was the place I could be myself. In front of the wall on the other side were people rushing past, honking horns, busy and careless. They probably never search what really lies in the town they live. Who are they?
People were always scared of walking down this corner, dared not to walk behind the wall
and enter this place. I told them each day all about this but they called me a liar instead.
They always thought I’m making up fibs and stories to earn money for myself. They thought
I’m a kid who stands talking to everyone to distract them from something.
Behind the wall lays something beautiful, a secret that no one believes. Maybe it should be kept like that, maybe it should be a secret. What happens if something’s wrong? What happens if the secret starts to die? Once I tell everyone maybe they’ll all want to see it and ruin everything. All of this will be a problem, I need to think of something...fast.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!