Genie Magic!

Jamaica is where the sun shines daily on the mountain top and people relax down at the beach. Somewhere in Canada, a little girl named Lucy wishes the weather in Jamaica would be the same in her little town.
Feeling sad and lonely, poor little Lucy walked toward the window. She watched the snow falling gently down on trees and cars below. Canada was her worst nightmare. It was not warm enough to go outside to play sport games. Stuck inside near a fire to keep warm was not the sort of thing Lucy would wish for.
One afternoon, Lucy and her parents went on a shopping spree for new warm clothes since theirs had worn out. Having no luck at finding cheap clothes, they decided to have a break in the food court. On the way there, Lucy spotted a very unpopular shop, stuck in a squished area named ‘Genie magic’. Under the name, it said ‘Beware! True things will be revealed in this shop’.
Unaware of the ‘BEWARE’ sign, Lucy darted to the shop. Even though her parents read the sign they thought it was just a way of attracting passers by. In the shop, there were posters and ugly decorations dangling from the ceiling. Lucy didn’t mind and carried on looking around the store happily. Then something caught her eye. In a dark corner was a magic lamp with shiny ruby diamonds on the top and turquoise crystals sparkling in the light. Quickly, she grabbed the magic lamp and hurried off to show her parents. As they paid for it, the counter lady said “watch out! This is a mysterious lamp you got here!”
At sunset, they arrived home carrying two bags each. Lucy dropped the bags she was holding and ran to her room, tightly clutching the magic lamp in her hands. She admired the lamp and dreamt of a Genie inside to grant her wishes. That night, something magical happened to the lamp…
In the morning, Lucy woke up from a beautiful sleep. Right in front of her was a Genie! Shockingly, Lucy jumped out of bed and landed on her bottom. The Genie stared at her confusedly and helped her up. “I am here to grant you three lucky wishes, since you have let me free from that dark corner,” he said. “Are you serious?” asked Lucy hopefully. “I wish that our weather would be as nice as it was in Jamaica.” “I will do that straight away!” declared the Genie proudly. Lucy announced as she looked out the window, “my second wish is, I want my family to be wealthy. That means having a beautiful house with a pool.” “Coming up!” shouted the Genie with delight. Instantly, Lucy’s room turned into a pink room with a king sized bed and a table full of dolls. “WOW!” gasped Lucy admiring around her room. “Here’s my last wish. I want a….white Labrador.” In a blink, the Genie disappeared! Lucy could not believe her luck. She bounced happily with her dog in the pool.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!