The Forbidden Island

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

Years ago, about 3,000 miles away from Australia there was a group of islands. One of the islands was a forbidden island and nobody was to go there, for it had mangos on there with mystical powers. If anyone was to eat one they would turn into a frog for forty-eight hours. On one of the other islands was a group of scouts having a camp over. They were told they were not allowed to go anywhere near the forbidden island because of the mystical powers of the mangos. Two of the scouts decided to sneak away and take a canoe and row over to the forbidden island.
When they got there they pulled the canoe on to the beach and went exploring to see what they could find to take back to the other scouts. They had been exploring for a while and were getting hungry and tired. So they decided to sit-down on a big log they saw and have a rest. Just at that moment one of the scouts spotted the mangos. They were so hungry they raced over and picked two of them. Forgetting what they were told about them, they ate them because they were hungry. After a few minutes they both started feeling strange and turning green. It was too late when they remembered what they were told. They both turned into frogs. After a while the scout master noticed the two boys were missing and noticed their canoe over at the forbidden island he got another canoe and rowed over to where the boys had pull their canoe up on the beach.
When he got out and went over to the boy’s canoe, he could hear croaking noises coming from it. He looked in and saw two frogs and knew what had happened. The scout master tied the two scout’s canoe to his and rowed back to the island where the other scouts were. They all sat and waited for the curse to wear off. They never disobeyed commands again.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!