Emma And The Mysterious Coin

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

One day, a little girl called Emma was trying to find some treasure in a mysterious field. She was using a metal detector and found a mysterious coin. She thought it was cool so she took it home and showed her mum. “It could be dangerous,” her mum said but Emma didn’t listen. She was thinking what the coin would do. Was it dangerous? Was it magical? If it was magical, what would it do? “Take it outside and throw it as far as you can” her mum said. “Okay mum” Emma said, going back outside.
That night, the coin found its way back into the house and sat on her bedside table. It just stayed there until the morning when Emma woke up and the mysterious coin was there. “Ahhhhhhhhhh” she screamed. That woke her mum up. “What’s the matter? Is there something wrong?”
“Mum, mum!”
“What?”
“The coin found its way back home!”
“How is it possible?”
“I don’t know?”
“Go outside and take it back to where you found it”
“Okay mum” and she started to make her way back to the field. On her way there, she found a village. It looked normal but little did she know that the villagers didn’t like to have people coming inside their small, creepy huts. She thought the village looked cool and decided to explore it. The villagers saw her coming in and wanted her to get out. The only way they knew to get rid of the people who came to the village was to kill them. They got the guillotine ready and waited for her to come closer. She went inside the first hut that she saw. She was a little bit scared, it was brown with potions hanging on little rusty hooks on the wall, potion books were on the other side of the room, one of the potion books said on the side ‘Potions to Scare Kids’. That book worked for sure. She was really scared of this hut. The villagers found her and took her to the guillotine to get her executed. They were not that fast, because she was already running for her life! Out of nowhere appeared a pretty park. Then Emma remembered the coin, she tried throwing it away but it kept on coming back. She gave up and rested on a park bench. Emma didn’t know but she had fallen asleep. In her dream, a bag of popcorn came out of nowhere and started to talk to her. He said that the only way to get rid of the coin was to wake up. She woke up suddenly, looked down at her hand and the coin had disappeared! She was so happy that it had gone forever and was never coming back. Everything was normal again.
She went home and her mum was wondering how the coin got away. She told her the story and they lived in peace without the mysterious coin bothering them.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!