The Real Truth

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

The cold crisp leather of the knife soaks through my glove, as I stare quickly at the black hair and green eyes staring back at me in the frozen puddle below. I slowly walk forward the white clumpy
snow crunching quietly under my boots. As I peer over the white sheeting of the hill the bluebell dragon swoops in front of me and then lands beside the thin crisp ice. I jump back in surprise as a red fired dragon lands behind the bluebell scaring it off. I turn around for a second to put my knife away. I turn back around for one last glance of the red beast, its scales running down its back slightly glowing and its piercing green eyes stare almost at me. I start to walk towards the town of Icentina fearing that Kingsly’s men could be close.
As I walk along the white glacier it feels like an eternity of white, like someone has just drawn me on a fresh piece of paper. I think about my home town for a while, the chirping of the people, the cosy wooden houses, the busy markets and the betraying friend.
Soon enough I come into sight of the metal bar gate and the sound of chirping people protected behind the cold rock wall.
I walk towards the gate only to be stopped by two look alike guards both with blonde hair and green eyes “Sorry miss can’t enter today war is coming”
I don’t say anything I just keep walking back out towards the white landscape. As I keep walking trying to find a place to camp the icy wind comes up throwing snow into the air. I shudder, the cold getting to me as I keep moving forward. Soon enough the wind gets harder and I can hardly see. I put my arm up towards my face to protect myself, I stop pain shoots through my head and then black.
I flick my eyes open the wind still streaming fiercely into me but instead of walking I’m being dragged, I think fast and decide to tear myself free from their grip, I pull away easily.
Just as I take off running I see one of their faces.
James.
As I run I remember that day he told the town I had let Master Bluebell free when he really knows he helped him escape, Master Bluebell knew the truth about the red dragons and knew where the gem was to control all blue dragons and King Kingsly wanted this gem for a reason unknown until now. War.
When I get back to the town of Icentina I see it all, the blue dragons killing innocent people, but I notice something else.
Red dragons fly up above the wall taking out the blue dragons, I see the truth, the red dragons aren’t the killer like we were told, they are the protectors of people.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!