The Writer

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Track 2015' competition

All her life, Alice had wanted to be a writer. Her parents let her do just about anything, and when I say ‘just about anything,’ I mean anything, except write. This was heartbreak, for as I think I have already mentioned, she wanted to be a writer.
One dreary afternoon Alice was alone at home. She was just lying on her bed when she had a brilliant idea. She ran into the kitchen, picked up her mums’ notebook, ripped out a few pages, and started to write. She wrote about an evil death master called Selious. Suddenly the whole room lit up, and then a person appeared in the room to her amazement it was Selious! Alice screamed, she ran out of her house and across the street, which happened to be her Aunt’s house.
Aunt Jill!” she screamed Aunt Jill!” She rang the doorbell over and over. Just before Selious reached her, Aunt Jill came and opened the door. Alice ran in, though the corridor, through the kitchen, and into the living room. She sat on the couch and immediately started to tell her Aunt all that had happened, and to her amazement, Aunt Jill said, “I know what to do.”
“What?” Alice exclaimed, “I didn’t know you knew about this type of thing?”
“I don’t know about it, but by what you have told me I have worked out a solution, and it…”
At that moment, the door fell to the ground with a giant CRASH!!! In stormed Selious, and before Aunt Jill knew where she was, Selious had grabbed her. “My office, pink notebook…”her mouth was suddenly covered with his damp, smelly hand. Alice knew what Aunt Jill was going to say. She ran into her Aunts office, looked around, and immediately found what she was looking for. She paused for a moment as she looked at the notebook, she saw a fluffy notebook, and you could see a little kitten face and a bow on it. She picked it up, opened it to the next free page, and wrote about a giant wind that blew Selious back into his story.
As Alice finished writing, the room lit up the same way it had when Selious had first appeared. She heard a giant wind, and walked in to see Selious dropping her Aunt as he got blown away, but to her horror she felt herself being lifted into the air and watched Aunt Jill fly off beside her. She landed with a big PLOP. She got up, but when she looked around, she was no longer in her Aunts living room. She was in a dark, stormy place that looked a lot like a graveyard. It looked exactly like the place she had written about earlier. She ran over to Aunt Jill, who gave her a notebook and a pen and said “You can get us out of here, you are the writer.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!