Keep Fighting

Thick air surrounded me, fog so heavy that I couldn’t see. It’s like that every day for me, so much hatred that I feel like I am drowning in it. My parents have made me see many doctors, but none of them help. The school counsellor gave up on me, as I was too difficult a patient. It is not my fault I am like this, I was not born with it, and I did not catch it from somebody. It is just what it is.
People used to joke around with their friends and say I was contagious, eventually people started to believe them and everybody ran as far away as they could from me. Teachers had to start telling students what I had and what was wrong with me. They had to explain that I wasn’t contagious and that I am perfectly normal. But why would they believe them? The bullying got worse and more and more rumours spread.
My head kept telling me I was fat and ugly, and that I didn’t fit in this world. My parents grew more concerned by the day and I could feel my life slipping through my fingers. I had moved schools and it ended up worse off for me; bullies far worse than the originals started to attack me. I was shutting down, I couldn’t handle it, and I couldn’t handle myself.
I had stopped attending school and never left my room. Bullying online continued, I read every message they sent, even though I wasn’t at the school anymore. I had stopped eating and was diagnosed with anorexia, and I cut myself with anything pointy. I hate myself, I hate my life and I hate everything and everyone.
More and more doctors’ appointments came. They treated me as if I was sick, like I had caught the flu. No one understood me. I was travelling to different states and my parents were even considering taking me overseas to get help. Wherever they took me, it was the same; the same diagnoses, the same treatment and the same old, “You’ll be better before you know it.”
I had almost given up on my life. I was preparing to end my life and that’s when my mum drove me to a school. I walked in there; it seemed like an average school, with average students. A lady took us to a room and in that room was a group of teenagers the same age as me sitting in a circle. My mum and the lady left and I was stuck in a room with them. I sat down and everyone was talking. I eventually joined in the conversation and I soon realised that the teenagers in this room were all either dealing with depression, or that they once had it. I started to attend that school and before I knew it, I began to like myself. There is always hope, so just hold on and keep fighting, it’s worth it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!