Backyard Catastrophe

Let me tell you about my dog, Dozer. She is an English Staffy Bulldog cross. Her name is Dozer because she is short, strong and likes to dig, just like a bulldozer. She loves food and is round like a wombat. She has a very strong head. We adopted her from the animal shelter in Hahndorf.
One day, she used her very strong head to make hole in our chicken coop. Our four chickens, named Spotty, Browny, Elsa and Anna, escaped but Dozer got stuck inside the coop. while she was stuck, she ate all the eggs the chickens had laid.
Meanwhile, the chickens headed straight for mummy’s new vegie garden, which she had only planted two weeks before. There were carrots, beans, pumpkin, tomato, beetroot, basil and parsley.
When the chickens were finished eating all of the vegies, mum came home from shopping and found Dozer stuck in the chicken coop. Dozer was moaning and making weird sounds because she wanted to get out.
All of the chickens were roaming feely in our vegie garden, which they had destroyed!
We didn’t have any eggs or vegies to eat. Mum didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!