Firefly

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

"You wouldn't," I choke out. Shaddo stands over me, her gossamer wings flare out behind her giver her a new look - control. I thought I knew this girl, the girl that shines under the moon, her power refuelled by the gentle glow of the nights sun.
"Oh, but I would," Shaddo laughs, but her tone says it all. Something flashes in her eye, regret?
"Please no, Shaddo..." I yell, desperate, I stop though, transfixed by her eyes - the look - they make you want to run away, yet, they draw you closer.
no, no, no, Shaddo... But this isn't the Shaddo I knew, know, the night, the night is doing this to her.
Her lips, the colour of charcoal with a hint of ripe blood move as she starts to chant,

MARSEA LOKAY HUZWINDU SHARTA LOKA

My subtle and elegant wings droop and wither beside me, and, in a trance, I watch as the remnants of her spell flutter like fireflies. A golden stream of power swirl around me. This isn't death! What did Shaddo say?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!