My Abandoned Heart

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

What happened most loyal one, how could you abandon me?
I thought we'd persist, side by side, for all eternity.
You've obviously made your decision, you don't want anything to do with me anymore,
But it's a whole new experience for me, I've never been through this before.
For if you still were my best friend, you'd be guiding me right now,
And if I couldn't find a way for things to work, you'd definitely figure out how.
But you've drowned me in the shadows, submerged me in busy city streets,
But as much as you try to paint over me, I will never face defeat.
My soul is begging for fulfillment, as it deteriorates with every passing hour,
You've kicked me down, and abused me, and left me here to cower.
As I crumble into a heap against your door, which had been open all those years,
I know I can't fight veracity, there's no use crying these tears.
Why do I keep trying? There's nothing I can do or say,
That could possibly put my mourning heart right, or take this pain away.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!