Sky Above

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

An innocent girl; shy and distant from the land.
Not often leaving her home on top of the world.
Spreading her touch through the clouds.
Though briefly hiding her, they roll away to reveal her hidden self.
Limited control over her own emotions, unknowingly creates havoc.
Upset, snow melts like tears trickling down her face.
Confused, blizzards swirl around like the thoughts she cannot control.
Nervous, the ground covers with frost like the sensation in her tingling fingers.
Angry, lightning strikes like the crackling fire in her heart.
When she realises the damage she has done, she disappears, untouchable.
Sitting in her home on top of the world, she watches the people below, waiting for the peace,
When she feels she may return.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!