Back And Forth

Hi I’m Harper, I am 15, this is the story of my life, or is it. I wake up one morning, in a really good mood, I see the photos on my bedside table of my mum Tracy, my dad andy, my six year old twin brothers Raven and Hunter, and I on our holiday last year. I walk into the kitchen and see my mum happily making school lunches, my dad getting the twins ready for school, I grab my bag, mum grabs the keys and we head out the door.

When we get to school I go to get out but mum grabs me and gives me a kiss.

“Ewww mum your so embarrassing” I say and I get out of the car.

I go join my friends Katrina and Rachel. Out of the corner of my eye I see something strange like a little hurricane.

“hey are you alright” Kat asks.

“yeah its nothing I’m just going to the toilet I will catch you up” I reply. I walk towards the mini hurricane to check it out, thats when I went blank.

I wake up at school, it doesn’t seem any different it is just dark at night. I start to walk home, I see my mum, she looks a lot younger but she is pregnant this in when I first realised something was weird was happening, I call her but she doesn’t hear me, then I turn around and have total deja vu I see what looks like me when I was younger, the girl trips over I go over to help her she thanks me, hey why don’t you come with me I’ll buy you a milkshake we have a great chat then she has to go.

A minute later I hear her scream and I see a body on the floor just been hit by a car it’s my mum.Thats when I realised the little girl was actually me and I had travelled back in time.I go blank again and wake in the schools sickbay there is my dad.

“Hey dad where is mum” I asked concerned about my dream.

“ Bubs you must have got hit hard, mum died six years ago” dad replies, with a tear in his eye.

Then I realise what I had done. I had gone back in time to the day my mum had almost got hit by a car, I had called her, she had turned round and ran to me then a car zoomed past where she had been but when I went back in time I had distracted the younger me I never got to save my mum.

I wish I had my mum here to kiss me goodbye before school, I wish my younger brothers were here to annoy me, when I am doing my homework, but there not here all because of me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!