Never To Be Forgotten

The vibrating sound was far away and seemed to echo, sad yet full of joy. I was entranced and filled with wonder at the gentle cooing. On the lapping water, the chatter on the boat fell away. As the mesmerising noises enveloped us, a large mammal neared us and a wave hit the edge of the boat. Small droplets of icy cold seawater showered me. The sudden spray felt incredibly refreshing and i could almost drink the crisp, fresh air. Even I didn't have to be a marine biologist to know what was the source of the mysterious sound. Whales were casting a spell, a beautiful enlivening one and I was astonished by how awesome they really were.

Later, thinking back on this phenomenal occurrence I feel that witnessing such an astounding event was truly a 'once in a lifetime' event. I will never forget that extraordinary day.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!